Angelology

Angelology - Danielle Trussoni Magnificent read! I would have given this a standing ovation had I not been so comfortably tucked in bed when I finished it. It involves a group of people called angelologists (a secret society, if you will), who study, in particular, the Nephilim (the offspring of the sons of God and the daughters of men, as mentioned in the Bible). In addition, they are tasked with keeping these beings imprisoned on earth and preventing the rest of their progeny, who walk the earth among us, from acquiring certain celestial artifacts that will propel them to corrupt power (again) over mankind. There are references to some apocryphal writings, in particular, 'The Book of Enoch' -- about the nature and hierarchy of angels, and the state of the antediluvian world. One might read it as myth or it might give you something to chew on. This book certainly has a lot of substance and detail. Movie rights have been acquired, but (like Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code') much of the exquisiteness of narration and description will will be lost in the screen adaptation. This is supposed to be the first of a 4-book series, so I am off to the second book, 'Angelopolis'.